Thursday, April 16, 2009

Work is great.

Work is great. Work lately has been exhausting. Exhausting in a very good way. My main role as business development manager is shared with some sales and some marketing activities as well. Lately, must be due to spring time, I've been doing pretty much all sales. When I started, we got a few leads a day, now were getting 5 times the number or more per day! I'm seeing big and small leads come our way and it's truly exciting. With each lead takes some time to review their site and do some recon, setup a sales demo, answer some questions, etc. I'm able to close a good number of these leads and we're laying out some improvements to the site to make it easier to convert users directly online. We are growing. We are adding new features. We are working effectively and efficiently as a team. It blows my mind that in a couple of days, I'll have been here for 6 months. I swear it still feels surreal, like just last week that I left. Time flies. I'm living on my own, far away from my family and the friends I've grown up all my life with. I'm making new friends here, and finding new exhilarating hobbies (autox). I'm learning new things at work everyday and getting better at it too. I couldn't have imagined enjoying what I do and the people I work with so much. This has been one of the best opportunities I've had and I'm enjoying every minute of it. It was a scary decision to make, but I'm glad I chose this path.

1 comment: