Sunday, May 31, 2009

May was an extremely fun month

I've been super busy the last couple of weeks, and the next few weeks should be just as busy. It's like I blink and a week goes by.

Work has still continued to be awesome, had more new accounts. We're working on lots of little projects that will soon make it easier to "sell" to potential clients. Looking forward to that. One of the guys took some vacation time, so the office has been a little quieter than normal. I'm heading to Atlanta for a conference full of retailers, do some sales with a booth. The third week of June I'll be going to Boston for Internet Retailer doing the same thing but on a larger more serious scale. Internet Retailer is the conference I spoke at in Chicago last year.

I wasn't feeling too great last time I posted. I ended up going back to Kaiser and got an antibiotic that took care of things in a few days. Now we have Anthem/Blue Cross PPO so I'm really happy that I can go wherever I want.

Next Sunday is back to the races! Autox returns at Candlestick and I've got the car ready. I put on the more aggressive brake pads on the front, it makes a huge difference in stopping power. I've been looking at picking up new brake rotors that should be a little more durable and perform better under harder conditions. An un foreseen mod was a new cat back exhaust system. I found a Mazdaspeed3 (the turbo version of my car) stock exhaust for sale in LA so I picked it up on my way home the other week. Larger diameter exhaust tubing w/ less restrictive mufflers sounds good, although its a bit louder than stock. I've seen dyno graphs which show 6-10hp/ftlb torque on cars that have the same setup. I hope to get a dyno at the next group meet and I'll report back on my actual results. I pulled the roof rack off for my trip to socal and picked up some great gains on my gas mileage and the inside of the car was much quieter. I had one tank of gas last me 360 milees which may have been a new record for me.

I also went to the Festival of Speed at Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway. WOW. I sat in awe of the cars passing by on the corkscrew turn. Rolex Grand Am cars, Koni Challenge cars and more. It was hot but not so bad in the shade. We saw Patrick Dempsey (aka McDreamy) with his RX8 racecar.

I spent a week down south over Memorial Day weekend. It was really good to hang out w/ my family and BBQ, stop by Mazfest, be a part of my friend Curtis' wedding, and go to Palm Springs for some relaxation by the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment