Saturday, October 3, 2009

Technology Rules

  So earlier this week my existing television set took a dump and stopped showing the right half of the screen. Alas, it was time to retire my old plasma screen. I was on a budget, I didn't want to spend over $700 out the door on a new tv. I ended up going economical with a new Vizio LCD. It's amazing the quality and features in this tv that cost about 30% of what my plasma retailed for. After a quick jaunt to Wal-Mart in the East Bay (since there are none in the city) I returned home with my new, slightly smaller, high definition tv. I set it up in about 15 minutes and haven't turned it off since. What better way to christen a new tv by watching amazing college football all day! In fact I also relocated my pc and have it connected to the screen, and I am writing this blog post from my couch with a wireless keyboard. Talk about being a geek.

I am amazed at how much technology can improve in such a short time. I have plans to try and start using the PC connected to the tv more frequently to stream other shows, play music and do some web surfing on. In fact, I may even drop the cable tv service and try to survive a la Boxee, Hulu, and other video sites. The biggest drawback is not having local news and sports. I've been watching so much sports it would be hard to give up.

2 comments: