Friday, February 13, 2009

Freaky Friday

I'm not sure what all the hype is about, Friday the 13th that is. I'm not that superstitious anymore really. Out of common sense I don't walk under ladders, avoid most cats that stray across my path and stepping on large cracks just isn't a good idea; you're bound to fall in a chasm, get bit or have something bonk you on the head. Back when I used to play baseball I was semi-superstitious. I used to make sure I had the same undershirt or socks on as the game before (if I did well) but it wasn't like Iwas OCD about it. I just had my preferred gear and liked their fitment. I'm not that afraid of scary Friday the 13th movies either. Sure I'll jump in my seat during a spooky scene but I'm not screaming my head off like the 13 year old girls in the front row of the movies. I do suggest being careful on full moons and Friday the 13th just due to the hype and elevated attention these times of year receive. I think there is a correlation between bad events and the amount of hysteria people become consumed with, not the "day" itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment