Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Happy St. Patrick's Day

Yes I wore green. On my mom's side of the family is some Irish, I mean last name Bailey that has to be Irish. There were people everywhere today. More than usual on the streets, even at 8am. Lots of people wearing all shades of green. After work, plenty of people were packed into the bars and overflowing into the streets. I didn't feel like getting lost in the crowd on my own. So I headed home.

I managed to buy the last .57 lbs of corned beef from my local butcher, 2 carrots, 3 little potatoes and 1 small head of cabbage for $6.25. I got home and threw it all in a small pot and cooked it for a couple hours, voila! Dinner! It was decent tasting for my efforts, but I don't think the dish has much flavor to begin with.

Luck was with me too, as I signed up a Premium account today, woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment