Monday, March 16, 2009

Visit to the California Academy of Sciences

What an awesome place to visit! I'd say that I'm spoiled when it comes to visiting science museums, aquariums, zoo's etc. I was quite impressed with the Academy, as it is referred to by many. I purchased an annual membership for $99 which gets me in unlimited times with 1 guest each time. I can also get in 1 hour early on Sundays. I thought that was a pretty good deal considering it costs $25 per adult. I figure I can take friends who visit. Getting in an extra hour early makes a big difference, as you notice the crowds increase throughout the day. Live penguin exhibit, an impressive aquarium area, 75' diameter all digital planetarium, giant green house, plus interactive displays. There's even a restaurant that takes reservations along with a cafe. I was fascinated with the actual building itself, 3 stories that cover approximately 1 hectare (2.5 acres). The roof has real plants and grass on top that act as insulation to warm/cool the building. Check out all the pictures, plus some from Golden Gate Park at http://picasaweb.google.com/rdiddy.douglas/AcademyOfSciencesGoldenGatePark





No comments:

Post a Comment