Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Second Autocross

Last Sunday I went to down to Marina, CA which is about 10 mins north of Monterey. I met up with my new Mazda friend Jeremiah, his roommate and their girlfriends on Saturday afternoon here in the city. We just cruised down Hwy 1 from Pacifica to Marina. It was an awesome drive. I had the sunroof open and from time to time I was blasting some great tunes. We stopped to see a lighthouse and take some pictures.

Sunday was autocross day. It was sure nice to wake up and be at the site, which was an unused area of airport tarmac, in 5 minutes and not have to make the 2 hour drive. The course layout looked fast. I ended up posting some fast times for a novice FWD car. Most of the fastest times were by cars with higher horsepower. Nonetheless I posted the fastest time between me and my friends in ST. I was still about 2 seconds off of the fastest STX cars. Because I was the only one in my class, I gathered another 200 pts in the series. You can keep track of my standings throughout the season by visiting http://sfr-solo2.org/solo2/Results/2009/Championship/stx.html




I'm working on getting some pictures from one of the guys, and some off my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment